Sunday, August 31, 2008

Life in Salt Lake City

Now that we are finally settled into our new apartment and getting used to Salt Lake City, I decided I better start looking for a job.  Nate started medical school already, so I didn't have much to do during the day, so I spent most of my time job searching.  I was pretty overwhelmed because I thought that it would take me a while to find a decent job.  Well, just so everyone knows...I found one! I was so surprised.  I only went to two interviews, one was for a receptionist position at a chiropractor office.  It went very well but they told me they would call me back in a week.  They other was the very next day for an administrative assistant position at Spherion Staffing and Recruiting.  That also went very well and they told me I would hear back the next day.  Well to my surprise, I received a call back 3 hours later telling me they wanted me to work for them.  It was kind of a tough decision for me but since the chiropractor office wouldn't know for a week, I thought I better not let this opportunity pass up.  So I am no an administrative assistant at Spherion (as for the chiropractor, they actually called me back and offered me the job 2 hours after I accepted the Spherion job).  

I had my first full week of work last week and I am really enjoying it.  There is a lot of opportunity for learning and advancement.  There are only two other girls in the office with me and both of them are so so nice.  The boss is also very nice.  I think I will really like it there.  The girls actually surprised me on Friday and bought me a card, flowers, and a picture frame to congratulate on my first full week of work.  It's been great.

Nate had his orientation week 2 weeks ago and last week was his first full week of class.  He is pretty overwhelmed, but he too is really enjoying it.  There is a ton of work, but that was expected.  He is spending a lot of time studying and has his first test on Tuesday.  I think he will feel a little better after he has an idea what the tests are like.  

Well thats all for now but we'll keep you posted!

No comments: