Sunday, January 3, 2010

Farewell 2009, Welcome 2010!

2009 has been a great year for us with so many fun memories. The last 3 months have been very busy for us, which is why I haven't updated the bog since September. I will do my best to give an update of the last few months without making this too long. So here we go...

..Back in October, Nate and I were able to see the musical Wicked. I have been wanting to see this musical for so long and had some of the music memorized already. We had a great time. The musical was so good. One that I would definitely recommend.


The next weekend, we thought it would be fun to go to the Warren Miller movie in Salt Lake to get us excited for the snow and skiing. I had been to these before and thought they were pretty fun. At intermission, they always give away different prizes which is neat. Nate and I went with some friends and decided we wanted to leave at intermission, I talked Nate into staying just to see what prizes they were giving out this year. It was a good decision to stay, because they drew my name for a free pair of skis! We couldn't believe it.

The following week, I had the opportunity to go to Cabo San Lucas with my mom and dad. Unfortunately, Nate couldn't miss school so he couldn't come. I had the greatest time and it was so relaxing. We were able to see a Leatherback turtle release. That was an awesome experience. They said that there are about 200 turtles that hatched and about 1-2 hours later they release them into the ocean. These turtles were so tiny! While we were down there, my dad talked me in to trying scuba diving with him. I tried it and really enjoyed it, so I decided I wanted to become certified. I am now a certified scuba diver! I told Nate that when he has more time, we should get him certified so we can go together!

On to November...

For Thanksgiving, we drove out to Colorado for a couple days. We had a great time visiting with family. We went to a lot of malls! The Saturday after Thanksgiving, we went to the Boulder Dinner Theater and saw the musical Singing in the Rain. That was a fun experience.


December was full of excitement and family! At the beginning of December, we went to see the Festival of Trees with Nate's sister and her husband. This has become a fun tradition that Nate and I do each year. Some other things we did this month were; we had a family Christmas party with Nate's side of the family, we went skiing twice, had lots of opportunities to visit family, spent Christmas in Vail, Colorado, and had lots of time to spend with each other.

We had a great year and are so grateful for all that we are blessed with and the wonderful family that we have. We look forward to 2010!


No comments: