Monday, June 25, 2012

It's a BOY!!

Our first baby was due on April 22nd, so I stopped working 1 week before so that we could get ready for him and start packing for our move that would happen 3 weeks later.  We were really hoping that he would come early, but our little boy had other plans :)  That week, we did as many activities as we could that involved walking in hopes that would speed things up, but it didn't.  We went to see the new City Creek Center downtown, went and bought a few last minute baby items, and even went to Kennecot Copper Mine.  In all our years in Utah, I can't believe we never made the drive out to see this.  It was pretty neat!



The due date came and went.  We were getting a little anxious since we would be moving so soon after the baby was born. On Wed. 4/25 I had my doctor's appointment and she stripped my membranes and scheduled me to be induced on Thurs. evening.  On Wednesday night, Nate and I were packing and I felt like I was having bad cramps.  I told Nate that I just needed to sit down for a little bit.  Turns out, that they were contractions.  They were coming every 5-6 minutes, but I was too unsure and didn't want to go into the hospital.  Finally at 2am, Nate talked me in to just going in to see what they say since I wouldn't be able to sleep anyways.  We got there around 3am and the nurses came and monitored me for an hour and then by 4 am they said it was active labor and I would be staying - no need to come back that evening to be induced :)   Since this was our first, I was very nervous, but everything went extremely smoothly and soo fast! By 7:45am I was pushing and by 8:19am he was here!



Benson Charles Allred joined our family on Thursday, April 26th at 8:19am.  He weighed 7lbs 7oz and was 20 inches long.



No comments: