We had read a lot of books and looked at a lot of websites to help us plan for this trip and everything we saw said that this is the busiest time and the hottest time of year to go and that the parks will reach capacity early on in the day,..especially on the 4th of July...lucky us!!
When we got there on the 4th we decided that we would quickly check in to our hotel and give it a shot and head over to Epcot anyways. Boy are we glad we did! We got right in to the park and were able to watch the fireworks there on the 4th of July. This was a great way to start our vacation.
On Sunday we drove up to Miami and walked around the city for a little while. I had never been there before but I love the show CSI:Miami, so it was fun for me to see the city ;)
The rest of the week we spent going to each of the parks. We started with Epcot on Monday, then MGM on Tuesday, Magic Kingdom on Wednesday, Animal Kingdom on Thursday, and finally back to Epcot on Friday.
On Wednesday, we celebrated Nate's birthday and went to a nice restaraunt for dinner that overlooked the fireworks at the Magic Kingdom.
We were expecting the weather to be really hot and humid and the lines to take forever, so we went prepared with games to play while waiting in line. We were extremely surprised to find out we hardly had to wait in any lines, most of the time the wait was about 10-15 minutes max. And the weather was great, although it rained, it wasn't unbearable.
We really had such a great vacation and really enjoyed having the week with just the 2 of us, away from work and normal everyday demands.
Here are a few pictures from our trip...I will add some more later!


2 comments:
hmmm... so this is where I have to go to find out about your lives, eh? Glad you both had so much fun. I didn't know Nate's b-day just passed. Wish him a happy... something... for me (since I don't think wishing him a happy birthday will be of any benefit now). Hey, I got an idea!!! Maybe one day we'll actually TALK about these exciting trips you've been on... Nah, you're probably right. Too old-fashioned.
Oh - We just got back from disneyland - loved the bugs life
3D show! Jael
Post a Comment