Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Now Accepting Donations to the "Erinn and Nate Need a New Car" Fund!!

Since the end of August, we have had nothing but trouble from our cars. Nate and I both have cars that are 11 years old, but the trouble all started with mine... 
On the second day of my job, I went down stairs to drive to work and my 
car was dead.  So for the next month or so I rode the light rail and the buses to work.  Finally I learned how to drive a stick shift.  I'm getting much better at it now.  Nate's brother came and helped fix it.  They put a new battery in it and for the next week it was fine.  We decided to bring it the dealership and get it checked out and then sell it asap.  Well, you can probably guess what happened next...that's right, it died the day before.  We towed it to the dealership to find out that the engine died.  So it would now cost around $1800 to fix. I don't know anyone who would want to buy a engineless car.

So now since I learned to drive Nate's car, we share the one which really turned out great since he can take the bus to school everyday. The other week, we went on a little trip and were caught in an unexpected snow storm. The next thing you know, this is our car...
We had a little mishap with a pole. So now, our only other car (that we were also planning on selling) has a huge hole in the side.  So if you know of anyone who would like to buy a car with no engine and a car with a big hole in the side...let us know! Until then, we are gladly accepting donations to the Erinn and Nate Need a New Car Fund!

1 comment:

The Reeds said...

Whoever made up this routine of starting professional school and immediately losing your car(s)? I personally don't like it. Sorry to hear that you're in the club now, too. Don't know how much we can contribute to this fund of yours. But there is hope: We sold our computerless (among other things) car needing $3500 of work to a technician at the dealership. Maybe ours has broken down on him by now and he's ready to buy one of yours! The catch?... Just gotta ship it to NJ!

By the way, glad to see you back on your blog. Love you!